Version 1 · Published 29 January 2021
Orange Fig Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 13029795). Our registered office address is Homemead, Diddywell Road, Northam, Bideford, Devon, EX39 1NW. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA820812).
Orange Fig is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its website. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you visit the website, buy products from us or otherwise provide your personal data to us. It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
1. What personal information do we collect about you?
When you access and move around our website, register an Account with Orange Fig or purchase a Product from us, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- A username and password;
- You name and date of birth;
- Your billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment details (typically credit card or debit card);
- Your preferences about receiving communications from us;
- Information about your use of the Orange Fig website, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and
- Details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
2. How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us and affiliated companies for the purposes of processing your Products and Services only.
When you sign up to Orange Fig and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows us to:
- Provide the service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- To associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- If you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- To process payments you make for Products;
- To pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers;
- To provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- To contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
Where you have agreed, we may contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. If you have also provided your date of birth, we may use this to send you a message on your birthday. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Orange Fig itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number may be provided to the deliverer of your order, to assist with the delivery process.
We may automatically collect anonymous information about your use of our website. For example, we may automatically log which parts of the website you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Orange Fig. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of our website, and to help target aspects of Orange Fig and advertising to you more accurately.
3. Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Payment processing companies
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
- Advertising and marketing services companies
- We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Orange Fig’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Orange Fig, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Orange Fig about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
4. Marketing preferences
When you sign up, we will ask you if you’d like to receive information about other products and services. You can change your preferences at anytime on the Account Details page. Alternatively, you can click “Unsubscribe” on any email you receive or reply “STOP” to an SMS.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
When you make a purchase or when we have important information to tell you about your account, you will receive service messages to keep you up to date.
5. Data Retention
If you have not logged into your account for 40 months, your personal details will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
6. Your rights
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (know as a Subject Access Request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request)
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer Services by post at our registered office.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at http://www.ico.org.uk
7. Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Orange Fig through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Orange Fig Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
9. Deceptive emails
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it and report it to us.
10. Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 29 January 2021. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.